Wednesday 26th May 2010 – Open Day
- Special Bottlings 2010
- Eddie MacAffer has specially selected, numbered and signed the first 500 bottles of ‘Tempest’ to celebrate 25 years of the Fèis Ìle. This small batch release will be on sale at the Distillery Visitor Centre from 10am on Saturday 22nd May. To formally mark the 25th anniversary of theFèis Ìle, we have created just 100 bottles of an exceptional 25 year old Bowmore. Every bottle will be individually signed and numbered by Eddie MacAffer and will only be available from the Distillery Visitor Centre from 10am on Wednesday 26th May.
- Explore the Bowmore Inner Core – Times 09:30, 10:30, 11:30, 14:30, 15:30 – Price £8.00
- Join our Bowmore tour guides as they take you on a journey of Islay’s first distillery. Throughout the tour there will be opportunities to taste different Bowmore expressions and talk to the Distillery Craftsmen who create our unique spirit.
- The Bowmore Blas Masterclass – ‘The Core’ Master Class – Times 09:00 (earlybirds get the bacon rolls!), 11:30, 14:00 – Price £15.00
- Join the famous Bowmore Blas Class for a unique tasting session with the Bowmore cognoscenti – our very own Distillery Manager Eddie MacAffer and Head Distiller David Turner. Sample the Bowmore Core range of 12, 15, 18 and 25 in our famous Maltbarns.
- Gasda Blasda – Whisky and Food Masterclass – Times 10:00, 12:00, 15:00 – Price £30.00
- Experience a culinary whisky journey pairing some of Bowmore’s newest releases with various food styles to create some of the most unexpected and mouthwatering combinations.
- The ‘Ultimate’ Masterclass – Time 19:00 – Price £125.00
- Join Eddie MacAffer (Distillery Manager), David Turner (Head Distiller) and Iain McCallum (Master Blender) in Bowmore’s legendary Number One Vaults (our coastal warehouses below sea level). During this unique masterclass, there will be opportunities to sample some very rare and special Bowmore spirit followed by a local seafood buffet in the Visitor Centre.
- A Fond Farewell – Time 17:00
- Bring the day to a close at the Visitor Centre for the debut performance of the Spirit of Islay Pipe Band.
Special Fèis Week Craftsman Tours
In addition to our Open Day events, we are also running special Craftsman Tours on Monday 24th May at 10:30 and Thursday 27th May at 14:00. These Tours cost £40.00 per person.